omgpham…
4Sep/150

Engine Assembly.

 

While the engine was out of the car, I removed my built head and sent it off for a quick check-over. Unfortunately for me, I was told that all the intake valves were damaged, the likely cause being poor air filtration (will expand on this at a later stage). So all intake valves were replaced, and decided to swap some new camshafts in.

Head all freshened up and the new billet camshafts (intake & exhaust).

20150828_17503320150903_151732

The lifter bores had to be heavily modified for the new camshafts.

20150831_181654

Re-built bottom end and genuine Mazda head gasket. Deck was surfaced, bores re-honed,  and new bearings/rings.
http://omgpham.com/engine-rebuild-part-1
http://omgpham.com/engine-rebuild-part-2
http://omgpham.com/engine-rebuild-part-3
http://omgpham.com/engine-rebuild-part-4

20150829_09413920150829_094352
20150829_095751

The valve train fitted and ready to be degreed.

20150829_132537

Using the "Lift @ TDC" method, basically the amount of lift on the camshafts at TDC on the overlap stroke.

20150903_20091520150903_200936

All degreed, but I'll go through the whole process again to double check. I did the measuring off cylinder no. 4 lobes at TDC, I'll do it again measuring off cylinder no. 1.

20150903_163544

Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

No comments yet.


Leave a comment

No trackbacks yet.