omgpham…
5Oct/150

LOTS OF PHOTOS. Wire Tuck.

 

OK, a decent update. Lot's of photos.

Because I'm planning to use bulkhead connectors on the firewall for the engine harness, I drew up this plate to mount the connectors. It allows easy disassembly if any changes need to be made or replacing connectors etc. Because I'm recycling parts for this section, the connectors used are Deutsch 12-way DT and Deutsch 31-way HDP.

Had it 3D printed so I could start the wiring while I wait for the real thing to get laser cut from stainless steel.

cads20150927_191409

20151004_23130720150926_221515
20151004_231331

Headlight assemblies in.

20150925_10320620150925_103203

Brake booster, clutch master and radiator in.

20150925_103148
20150925_10313920150925_103132
20150925_105455

Installed these Garage Star Fender Braces too. Pretty straight forward, comes with all new stainless steel bolts.

20150924_20262420150924_202639

Because I had the valve cover sandblasted and painted, all the baffles need to be removed so the blast media can be cleaned out. Garage Star machined stainless steel valve cover bolts. I've got a whole engine bay dress up bolt kit to go on too.

20150927_10580420150927_105808
20150927_163726

Started on the body wiring tuck, wires are coming out of the side behind the front guards. This has been drilled, painted and sealed to keep moisture out.

20150928_09142620150927_224049
20150927_22185520150927_221633

Slowly cleaning it up and routing. I've used loom tubing for exterior sections, they provide more protection than just braided sleeving alone.

20151003_00400620150929_111820

The wires re-enter the body from the side, drilled a 24mm hole and than sealed any bare metal. Ideally I should have done all the cutting/drilling before paint, lesson learned. I also picked up these wiring grommets from Clark Rubber.

20150929_11250920150929_102632
20150929_105156

I've had to make a few extensions to tuck the body wiring. Instead of soldering, I've been using these uninsulated butt-splice crimps and than heat-shrinking over it.

20150929_09411420150929_105017

Using a factory hole to tuck the wiper motor wiring. I think the hole is normally used for the washer hose, but I'm relocating the washer bottle... More details on that later.

20150929_09213420150929_092201
20150929_101704

These exposed wires have been wrapped and loom tubed now. Interior sections are covered in a braided sleeving with heat-shrink on the ends.

20151003_00485020151003_004037
20151003_00404420151003_004229

The headlight assemblies back in, most of the wires are out of sight.

20151003_11394520151003_113929

The dual horns installed, and the body harness is done!

20151004_002538
20151004_17564420151004_175638
20151004_003032

Just so everyone knows, this part of the build is on a strict on budget, won't be MIL Spec or anything like that. Every part was either given to me for free or simply re-used from my old harness. It'll do for now, and I'll look into doing a concentric twisted MIL Spec harness later.

Below is the wiring for the coils, it is being terminated into a Deutsch 12-way DT connector. This connector contains wiring for the coil triggers (x4), coil power (x4) and the ECU grounds (x4).

20151004_23520620151005_002610
20151005_00151420151005_02175020151005_021800

For shielded wires (TPS, crank and cam sensors), what I did was strip the cable further back and unbraided the shield. I than twisted it up and heat-shrinked. It gets terminated into the bulk-head connector and continues onto the other side.

20151005_18024620151005_180338
20151005_180853

Finished the crank and cam sensors. This is all a dry fit, once I have it mostly sorted, the wires will be sleeved and heat-shrinked.

20151005_18511820151005_190646
20151005_181235

To tuck the starter and charge wires, I had to a slight extraction and feed them through the tunnel.

20151005_10394920151005_130146

So my ITB manifold is shit... The factory Toyota manifold has two dowels per throttle body to locate everything into perfect alignment. If the throttle bodies aren't correctly aligned than they don't open equally no matter how many linkage adjustments are made, not great at all!

Below is my solution. I mounted my throttle bodies to the Toyota manifold, adjust everything and confirm their alignment. I than bolt the tops of the throttle bodies to a thick plate of steel. The throttle bodies are removed from the Toyota manifold and transferred to my Techno Toy Tuning manifold. DONE! Everything is spot on now.

20151004_22481320151005_191239

Many late nights...

20151001_213829

Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

No comments yet.


Leave a comment

No trackbacks yet.