omgpham…
6Mar/164

Manifold Vacuum Rail

 

OK! So last post was positive, engine started up, ran well and idled nicely. But that didn't last long...

While getting the tune sorted, I noticed that the vacuum readings were a little off and it turned out to be a vacuum leak due to a hose not being connected properly. Fixed the vacuum leak and then the engine didn't want to idle anymore... So I fixed the idling issue but that resulted in my brake booster not getting enough vacuum to assist the brakes 🙁

So the real problem was the vacuum set up, I think. So I've come up with a set up that mimics a few other off-the-shelf ITB kits. Haven't had time to finish everything yet, but will post update when I get it running again and report back on the vacuum set up.

20160216_173342

These are the push-to-connect fittings I'm using, swivel tee fittings.

20160216_17333620160216_185723
20160217_132048

Marked out the holes and drilled 11.1mm holes so that I could tap a 1/4" NPT thread.

20160221_18204720160223_140507
20160223_142052

The fittings tested fitted and measured so I could cut the hoses. The hoses need be installed in the fittings while they're out.

20160223_143016
20160223_14302220160223_143032
20160223_143741

Vacuum rail installed and the old holes plugged up.

20160302_17250520160302_172516

Also test fitted the filter backing plate, some clearance issues here...

20160305_114422

Installed a Garage Star Wiper Cowl panel, and need to make a new fuel hose because I had to go from dual to single feed fuel setup.

20160302_182739

And finally installed and gapped the headlight covers, hate doing them so much.

Comments (4) Trackbacks (0)

Leave a comment

No trackbacks yet.